Wednesday, March 1, 2023

 LET’S TAKE A BREAK

 

We all need to take a break from work, studies and everything else that makes us feel frazzled. The world will never stop keeping us busy so it depends on our smart strategy to ensure that we are physically, mentally and spiritually healthy as we strive for work-life balance.

I have been a workaholic for a long time and I believe many out there share the same boat with me. Sometimes, we need to compromise our health and happiness as we are snowed under with work even on weekends. Despite the fact that the efforts eventually paid off with awards and recognitions, one would still wonder if the entire process was actually worth it and healthy.

As I decided to slow down and take one thing at a time, I was blessed with a new friend who helped me enjoy life all over again. Off days were no more about perfecting some work as sharing stories over a good meal and going to the cinema sounded like better options. It was wonderful to experience the friendly gestures of handshakes and hugs once again when I almost forgot about the power of human touch and its ability to heal a weary heart and a worrying mind. Needless to say, it felt way better than the times I laid my hands on papers and computers while completing some work. Amazingly, the shared moments with a dear friend helped me with my anxiety and overthinking, and nobody would trade this peaceful state of mind for anything. This positive energy gave me freedom and confidence money couldn’t buy.

 

At times, life can be so serious, forcing us to be too hard on ourselves. But, let’s not miss the excitement of living meaningfully by connecting with those who would make us feel comfortable to open up. Funnily enough, we should thank those who have made us chuckle or burst into laughter with their silly jokes and playful behaviours, as they have successfully distracted our minds and helped us escape from never-ending worries and problems. And that’s what makes life strangely beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment